If a recipe has more than 10 ingredients, I go into panic mode. The kitchen is an overwhelming and frightful place that I’ve yet to conquer. However, to save dollar bills, I’ve been attempting date night recipes at home (with a maximum of ten ingredients to keep my sanity.)
I was in the mood for an Italian date night and I came across a great recipe from Hippie Foodie Mom, called Seafood Pappardelle. It’s only 10 ingredients and combines scallops, shrimp and noodles into a spicy red-sauced dish. I couldn’t find pappardelle noodles at my grocery store so I substituted fettuccine because I didn’t plan ahead. If you want pappardelle noodles, order online on Amazon.
Below are the ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb. scallops
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. pappardelle (other noodle if lazy like me)
- chopped flat-leaf parsley to serve
The instructions are easy to follow and I had dinner on the table within 30 minutes (that’s a record for me.)
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil and butter over medium to medium-high heat. Sear the scallops and shrimp, about 1 minute per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the garlic and pepper flakes. Cook until soft, but not brown. Add the tomato sauce and cream. Return the scallops and shrimp to the pan and simmer gently on low while the pasta is cooking.
- Cook the pappardelle (or another noodle) according to the package. Drain and toss with the sauce and seafood. Top it off with flat-leaf parsley.
Below is an image of my final creation accompanied by a bottle of Red Apothic Wine, Lite Caesar Salad kit and homemade garlic dipping sauce (take olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and warm it up together.)
What is your favorite easy-to-make pasta dish?